Protect your Identity and Accounts with SSB!
Protect Your Identity and Accounts
- Do not click suspicious links or open unexpected attachments or texts. Be aware of Phishing emails and SMiShing texts.
- Do not provide account info to links in emails or texts.
- Do not provide account information over the phone to live or automated systems other than SSB Sherwood - Teller Banking at: Toll Free - 866-617-7437
- Always verify the identity of the person on the phone by calling back a known number, which are listed below. Go to phone numbers.
- Do not use unknown or unsafe devices to access your account.
- This includes cell phones, tablets or computers.
- Use only phones, tablets and computers with the latest software and security patches.
- Use auto-update for all programs to receive the latest security patches. See Securing Your Device.
- Windows XP and Windows Vista (as of 4/11/2017) are no longer updated by Microsoft. Consider upgrading to Windows 10.
- Use anti-virus software and keep it updated. See Securing Your Device.
- Keep your browser updated. See Securing Your Device.
- We are providing these instructions as a courtesy only. We cannot and will not provide any support beyond providing these written instructions. Do not call for technical support.
- Even with these recommendations, you the consumer must remain vigilant and suspicious of requests for information in order to protect yourself. Be very careful and report all suspicious activity to customer service immediately.
- Report fraud immediately. Contact The Sherwood State Bank @ 800-899-9531 or 419-899-211 or after hours 855-741-0510
- Debit Card Fraud – see above
- Lost or Stolen Debit Card – see above
- No Credit Cards
Approved Methods of Contact
Learn all contact methods that Sherwood State Bank uses to contact you.
Beware of Phishing Email
Phishing is a form of fraud in which the attacker tries to learn information such as login credentials or account information.
Beware of SMiShing Text
SmiShing is about sending false, fake text messages, claiming the mobile user that they have won a free product or need to enter information.
Learn How to Secure Your Devices
Choose your appropriate device below for instruction on how to increase security measure.
Online Banking Security Overview
Online Banking security is intended to prevent unauthorized access to your account, validate your identity, protect your account information from fraudulent use, and prevent the theft of your identity.
Business Online Banking Customer Education • Bill Pay
Additional Security and Education Information
- Fraud Phishing and Smishing (PDF)
- ATM Safety (PDF)
- Debit Card Fraud (PDF)
- Identity Theft (PDF)
- Account Hijacking (PDF)
- Authentication (PDF)
- Account Authentication & Online Banking Guidelines (PDF)